7.06.2009

buttons...

Yesterday, at the shady end of the Logan Square farmer's market, I found someone selling buttons.  Sometimes, digging through buttons is more of a commitment than I'm willing to make.  There is a lot of digging and scrutinizing involved, there's a chance your search will not unearth anything that interests you... and there's the button grime.  And, in this case, there was a lot of button grime.  But, there were enough promising buttons peaking out at me, so I decided to put in a little time digging.  Here are my finds.  I plan on using them in my necklaces... after giving them a nice button bath.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a button seller at the farmers market. The things you learn!

Saw your current project of having an open studio. If you live in Logan Square, you might want to look into participating in the Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival. I don't know if you can still participate with an open studio, but there may be other ways.

uncharted said...

Thanks for the Milwaukee Ave. Arts Festival suggestion! I don't think the guy selling the buttons is there every week. He was a part of a sort of mini yard sale that was perched at the end of the farmer's market on the grass.
thanks for visiting my blog!

emily said...

love the horse and the key! very nice finds.

Karmen said...

i like your new friends too. and i miss you. =)