8.28.2009

5 days left...

I'm 25 days in to my 30 day sketch challenge and it hasn't exactly been the creative outburst I was envisioning.  I think I was picturing a mix of detailed, patient drawings alongside explosive brief sketches (from which I would be inspired to do larger work), notes scrawled along page edges, saturated splashes of ink bringing more life to each image, and perhaps a prevailing theme emerging from the book as more and more pages were filled.  Nope.  How about: go to work, come home and head straight to the studio, work on jewelry and collage until I can only keep one eye open - at which point I realize I have not done my drawing for the day, pick up the book and take somewhere between 10 seconds to 3 minutes to get something on the page.  These are the lovely results.

I suppose there is some value in having to complete each drawing in such a short period of time.  It definitely takes the pondering out.  No time to ponder what to draw and no time to ponder what line to form next... which is a good thing to force yourself to do sometimes.  Well, I have a few more days to finish the book,  we'll see what emerges!

I do have to say, I did miss one day, Monday, the first day in a month I had nothing else to do - and I just plain forgot.  go figure.

No comments: